Churchill Meadows Community Centre Grand Opening on October 7
Churchill Meadows Community Centre and Sports Park is a new park and community centre located on Ninth Line, north of Erin Centre Boulevard in Mississauga.
It opened its doors for the first time today on September 20, 2021.
Not all amenities are available right now, but everything is expected to be up and running by October 9th, the day of the facility’s official grand opening.
The $51-million Churchill Meadows Community Centre and Sports Park is a 65,000-sq.-ft. building combined with 55 acres of greenspace, and is a welcome addition to the popular and fast growing Churchill Meadows neighbourhood of Mississauga.
Churchill Meadows Community Centre Location:
This huge all-season facility is located at 5320 Ninth Line, Mississauga with Hwy. 407 and Sixteen Mile Creek just to the west of it and Churchill Meadows community (west of Erin Mills) to the east.
This location offers various facilities & programs designed to engage the young and old residents alike.
Community Centre featuring:
• 25-metre, six-lane pool and therapy pool at the Aquatic Centre
• Triple gymnasium. It will host recreation programs including badminton, pickleball, basketball, and more.
• Multipurpose Room, including a teaching kitchen. Organizations or residents interested in reserving space can fill out a rental request form.
• Active Living Studio (equipment free based fitness)
• Two lit artificial turf soccer fields, one with a seasonal dome
• Spray pad
• Skate park
• Multi-purpose court
• Outdoor fitness equipment
The Churchill Meadows Community Centre features stunning archictectural design by MJMA Architecture & Design. It has been built on a diagonal grid so that the four walls of the centre face the four cardinal directions. It centre & park also make use of solar optimization. The walking trails pass by a protected wetland and a storm water management pond as well as connect with the neighbourhood’s walking trails.