No. A landlord cannot collect a damage deposit from the tenant to pay for damage done to the unit. If the landlord finds that a tenant has damaged the unit, the landlord can give the tenant a notice of termination and/or ask them to pay for the damages. If the tenant doesn’t pay, the landlord can apply to the Landlord Tenant Board to determine if there are damages and what should be done.