Home Selling and Staging in Winters After the Holidays
With the gift giving and receiving season here, it is very easy to accumulate items at home. After the dinners and parties are done, and you find some free time over the holidays, here is an important thing that you can start off even before preparing your property for sale: Declutter & Clean!
Is winter a good time to sell?
Yes, home sales do happen during the frigid months of January and February.
What about the current market conditions?
As per the 2023 Real Estate Market Outlook by RE/MAX, we are expected to move into more balanced market conditions in 2023. Here are some tips for selling your home in a balanced market, which may be relevant in the coming year.
From our on-the-ground experience, we feel that any type of market condition can be a good time to Buy or Sell with a practical strategy and realistic expectations.
With a good marketing plan together with a combination of setting the right selling price, home staging, top social media marketing and a great network of Realtors in our local market and across the GTA, coupled with RE/MAX branding, you stand a great chance to succeed in the evolving market that we are currently in.
Your first step is to contact Team Kalia to discuss selling your property.
While we will provide you with input on specific fixes, here is a cheat sheet of commonly required fixes. Do a complete walk-through of your property to get an initial feel for work that might be required.
- Remove excess festive decorations, personal photographs from walls and tabletops
- Remove oversized and excess furniture and area rugs
- Keep closets tidy. This is important as prospective buyers want to see the home’s storage capacity, and clutter creates the illusion of less space
- Replace burned-out, dim or flickering light bulbs
- Consider replacing dated light fixtures
- Replace any leaky faucets and any appliances that are not working
- A fresh coat of paint will help renew the look and feel of any room. Choose 2 to 3 different neutrals to use throughout the whole house
- Don’t forget the exterior – while there is not much you can do in winters for curb appeal, do remove any bulky festive decorations and ensure there is clean, snow-free access, when time comes for prospective buyers to come view your property.
Find many other useful insights on Selling or Buying a home in winter, including tips from a home inspector.
In need of professional home staging?
Don’t worry, we have you covered, even if you have an empty property to sell!
We work with professional stagers for any small or large home staging requests and can even virtually stage any empty condo!
Here is a copy of the Home Staging Guide by RE/MAX to browse at your leisure.
Feel free to Contact Team Kalia any time to discuss selling your home or condo in and around Mississauga, even over the holidays at 905-339-5111.
Gain from our value-added Listing Services, backed by experience & client satisfaction! Homes & Condos Sold by Team Kalia are also featured on Toronto Star
- Home Evaluation: Receive accurate, data-based and realistic evaluation of your home or condo
- Pre-Listing Inspection: Achieve higher price & trouble-free closing with a pre-listing inspection
- Quick Fixes: Our handymen referral services help you fix your home before listing
- Cleaning Services: We provide hassle-free cleaning services before your home goes on the market
- Home Staging: Our home staging service includes staging through top professional companies
- Yard Work: We refer you to landscaping services to enhance your curb appeal & spruce up the backyard
- Top Photography: All our listings receive top HD photography
- Drone Photos & Videos: We also offer drone footage where needed & HD videography for all homes
- Top Marketing: All our listings receive best-in-class social media & internet advertising
- Sold Guarantee: We offer a 30-day home sold guarantee on all our listings
View some our recent Sold Properties